Re: Sorting through the Ainge/Walker/Obie stuff

Thank you, Mark. I see the same things that you're reading between the lines of
Ainge's statements, but I'm simply afraid of being overly optimistic about
them. Bitter experience and all that . . . But this makes it easier; the hope
remains. I think Peter May is right about the true test of Ainge's position
vis-a-vis. Antoine being how he handles the extension business.

--- You wrote:
P.S. Are these other playoff series great or what? I don't have a strong
feeling about the direction of any of them. I'm anti-Lakers, of course. In
the East, how do you root for either the Sixers or Pistons? I can't, so I'm
rooting for the Nets. But I'm hoping the Spurs win the whole thing.
--- end of quote ---

Was the end of last night's game thrilling or what?! I think I'm rooting for
the Pistons to win (I like Carlisle and the rest of the guys seem like decent
people, although I do dislike Jon Barry). How about Tayshaun Prince?! I know, I
know, yet another Kedrick clone, just like Jefferson.

I also think that  the Nets will come out of the East and that's fine with me.
They play by far the best basketball in the East and stand the best chance of
not being swept in the Finals.

The Western series have been a delight to watch. Too bad about Webber; I think
the Kings were ripe to wrest it away from the Lakes. But now we have to hope SA
comes through, because I don't think that either the Mavs or the depleted Kings
can stand up to LA.
Kestas