From: Way Of The Ray <wayray@ix.netcom.com>
Sent: 05/14/03 03:00 PM
To: celtics@igtc.com
Subject: Even More Good News

> From Bob Lobel: Jim O'Brien may ask the Celtics for permission to talk
to other teams.

You can look at this in one of two ways:

1) Either O'Brien is trying to force the Celtics and Ainge to
make a quick decision on extending his contract.

                                        or

2) He sees the writing on the wall, and knows that Ainge the new GM will
bring
in his own coach and team philosophy.  And so it's best to seek another
coaching position, while his value is at its highest.

Ray