Re: Even More Good News

Well, staying in the Celtic "family" the obvious names are Silas and Cowens.
I don't really know enough about either guy to make an argument for or
against. People much closer to the situation than I seem to feel Silas is a
great coach-but there are plenty of "expert" who believe Obie is a great
coach. It seems to me that every year people look at the Hornets' roster and
predict them to be Eastern Conference champs, but they're never more than
middle of the road. He has had a lot of injuries to deal with, however, with
Mashburn and Baron Davis. So I don't know. I will say that the Hornets'
style of play never really impressed me. As for Cowens, I just don't know
enough.

I'll throw out a name from outside the family: Eddie Jordan. He's the brains
behind the Nets' offense and the players there love him. He's the "hot"
coaching name out there right now among NBA assistants. Also, Mo Cheeks has
done a nice job in Portland under tough conditions. How about a Wallace-Obie
package for Cheeks and a ballboy to be named later?

I'll even throw out a left-field name of someone who I felt got a bad deal
his first time around-Chris Ford. I thought he worked wonders with a healthy
Celtics team his first season. After that, he was dealing with so many
injuries, retirements and distractions I'm not sure he had a chance. And I'd
say his record in Milwaukee doesn't look so bad in hindsight. It would never
happen, but I still have fond memories of the first half season of Ford's
coaching career.

Mark

ryan wrote:

Who else is out there that people think will be better than o'brien?