Jackie MacMoron Strikes Again

I could only skim her column, such was my disgust.

The cogent points:

1) Jackie O, if Ainge was brought in here to restructure the team,
what's the sense of maintaining
the status quo, which is what you advocate with your retaining of
O'Brien,
and non-trade of Walker. As long as the O'Brien - Walker tandem is
together,
the defeciencies in the Celtics frontcourt can't be addressed. One of
them has
to go, preferably both, but at least with Walker gone, O'Brien will be
forced
to utilize a real PG and PF.

2. Jackie, you're insane, if you think new ownership is going to take a
$13
million hit with the signing of Juwan Howard.

A) For one thing, he can get more than the minimum, by re-signing with
the Denver,
who can then use him a trade.

B) It makes more sense to trade for one of these free agents via a sign
and trade.
For a couple of seasons, Karl Malone might be a nice addition, and serve
as segue/
proper veteran influence on whatever young PF the C's should acquire in
the
off season. And if not Malone, then a S/T for Mourning or even Howard.

Interestingly, the owner of the Real GM Web Site called in to WEEI's
Big Show yesterday (thanks Bruce) and suggested the Celtics do a S/T
with the
Clippers for Andre Miller. He suggested Eric Williams, $2 million trade
exception, cash, etc. That might not be a bad move. Miller can be
salvaged.
And with a real PG, the need for Walker is lessened. A win - win
situation.
Ray