Annual Report

The team did as well as we could have reasonably expected. They were over .500
during the regular season,
won a thrilling series over Indiana, disappointed us against New Jersey. But
given its lack of a bench, the loss of Baker, the ordinary talents of most of
the starters (Where would you rank Delk-Bremer among point guards? Williams
and McCarty among forwards? Battie and Blount among centers?), they did all
right. Please do not blame the officials. The team has no excuses. Given New
Jersey
has beaten us -- is it 12 out of the last 14? -- blaming the refs for our
losses rings hollow. We can't go back and redo past drafts, trades, and
unfortunate signings (Is management still "excited about Bimbo Coles"?) We can
only hope we will get lucky with the upcoming draft, develop K. Brown, and
fall into a successful trade. But championship expectations are misplaced. For
now, we can only hope for improvement and, maybe, a more exciting offense.
Keep the faith!

Raymond Angelo Belliotti
Distinguished Teaching Professor
Chair