Re: why?

Why do people continue to whine about Reggie as an example in non-comparable situations.

When Reggie died, there was no provision in the CBA for relief in the case of the death of a player. That's been changed, but that is the key fact then. Since there were no provisions, the only option was a general provision that would have taken a vote ******by the other owners****** NOT the league office to get us cap relief (can't recall if it had to be unanimous or majority or what, but we didn't get it whichever). Well years of being done by Red and jealousy of our success etc came home to roost in their voting it down. Do you think Red would necessarily have done any different voting for someone else? Don't forget, we had gone down a step, but were still among the league elite then.

As to Vin, there are provisions that might apply (medically forced retirement) although they wouldn't give us immediate relief, and there are other options, such as buyout, that Danny might have just been clarifying how they could and would apply. We don't have capologist Jan Volk anymore, and it makes sense to go to the experts. In other words, there ARE provisions that could be used to cover this situation and he was looking to get as much information about them as possible.
Kim