Kidd and Boston?

I gopt this from the newsgroup. What do you guys think of this?-Tony

From: <A HREF="mailto:s_knight8@hotmail.com ">s_knight8@hotmail.com </A> (s_knight8)
Date: 5/12/2003 11:25 AM Eastern Standard Time

<A HREF="http://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/ny-nside123279055may12,0,5670636.story?coll=ny-basketball-headlines";>
http://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/ny-nside123279055may12,0,5670636.story

?coll=ny-basketball-headlines</A>

Boston fans have chanted "wife-beater," a reference to a domestic
incident two years ago between Kidd and his wife, Joumana.

Not that they will listen to Danny Ainge, but the Celtics' new
director of basketball operations warned the team's fans they should
be careful how they treat opponents who one day might be recruited as
free agents or who could be critical of Boston in conversations with
other players around the league.

Asked yesterday if he would consider playing for the Celtics, who
don't have the salary-cap space to sign him or the personnel to trade
for him, Kidd said: "If there was an opportunity to win a
championship, I would."

Pressed again on whether his feelings toward Boston fans would prevent
him from signing with the Celtics, Kidd remained diplomatic.

"My feelings? Oh, I don't know," Kidd said. "I would give them a
chance only because of Danny. That's about it."