Re: Criticism Of The Ainge Press Conference

>They didn't wait very long to start finding faults with Ainge, did they?
Pitino was right about one thing - all the negativity in this town sucks.
I don't care - I feel it's a great day for the Boston Celtics, even if they
get blown out by 50 tonight. Of course, I felt the same way (if not more so)
the day of Pitino's coronation, but hopefully I'm not this wrong again.

I took my 12 YO son, who gave up going out on Halloween to go, and picked up
my business partner at Logan on the way in to the game who flew in from
Chicago where he lives, to Pitino's first game.  It was against MJ and the
Bulls and the "Gahden" was rocking.

I thought Pitino was the last head of basketball for the Celtics I would see
in my lifetime.  I feel your pain.

Today I have that same feeling of excitement.  I watched Ainge solicit
Mourning on national TV and Mourning didn't run the other way.  I saw Smith
and Thompson be thrilled for him.  I recognized that Ainge is an NBA insider
who appears to be respected by players and others around the game.  Even
Charles supported him.

This could be a brilliant thing these guys did.  Time will tell, but it
feels good so far.  (Isn't that a country song?)

<Jim