Re: Criticism Of The Ainge Press Conference

At 06:41 PM 5/9/2003 -0400, you wrote:
From WEEI's Big Show:

1. Timing of press conference - Scheduled before
biggest Celtics game of the season - should have conducted negotiations
with Ainge in secret, and waited to announce his hiring after the
playoffs.

2. Ainge says he's here to turn things around: Implies problems with a
club that is in second round of playoffs - negative association for
players - tells players and coaches that change will occur.

3. Ainge says he believe players have overachieved - Tells players
that they're not that good.

4. Ainge says he has to evalate coaching staff - Leads coaching staff to
be distracted and worry about their jobs, while their concentration
should be on the playoffs.

5. Ainge says to have patience - Boston is a quick result town and
pressure is on to change things quickly.
They didn't wait very long to start finding faults with Ainge, did they? Pitino was right about one thing - all the negativity in this town sucks.
I don't care - I feel it's a great day for the Boston Celtics, even if they get blown out by 50 tonight. Of course, I felt the same way (if not more so) the day of Pitino's coronation, but hopefully I'm not this wrong again. For the first time in I don't know how long I feel that the BT may have a better handle on how to improve the team than the average fan does, and that's a good feeling to have. I hope I'll still have that feeling after the first few of Ainge's moves. Congrats to all true Celtics fans!
Kestas