Kidd

    I may not post very often, but I've been on this list continuously, I
don't come and go.  Just for the record.  I don't get into discussions of
drafts, etc., because I don't watch college ball.  I do watch other NBA teams,
however, now and then.

    Last year during the playoffs against the Nets there was much said about
how Kidd's little son was kept up far too late going to every game.  Nothing's
been said about that so far, but of course they've only played one playoff
game.  I know nothing of his wife's career aspirations and don't care.  Bob
Ryan was probably wrong in what he said and being unwilling to retract it.
I've read his columns for many years and for the most part enjoy them, but in
this case he should have backed down.  I always thought the son and wife were
there to let people know the wife beating thing is over and done with.
However, I have no respect for any man who beats up on women, period.  There's
also that blowing kisses at the basket every time he's on the free throw line.
Having said that, I also don't approve of the actions of the Boston fans
toward his wife, as reported during last year's playoffs.

    The Celtics are in the playoffs and I'm having a great time watching them.
I enjoy reading the list too, even if I don't post often.  I feel that right
now, while they're in the playoffs, they should have our support.  Can things
be improved?  Of course.  However, right now, as fans, we owe them our
support.  There's plenty of time for criticism during the regular season.

Dorine