Ryan/Kidd

<<Bob doesn't know myself nor my family on a personal level,'' said
Kidd>>

Can someone smack Jason for not knowing when to use the word "me"?  :-)

That's a joke.  Ryan's comments weren't -- I believe he's now earned a
nomination to the Dumbass Hall of Fame.  While it was pretty nauseating
the way Joumana paraded herself and her son around last year, the Kidd
family's profile has been much lower this year.  Last year the Newark
Star-Ledger had a recurring "TJ Watch" that reported on the kid's antics
at each playoff game on a minute-by-minute basis.  The only time I recall
seeing anything prominent on TJ this year is that he broke his collarbone
when his dad crashed into him diving out of bounds during a game.  I'm
pleased that the Kidds have apparently decided to stop hitting us all over
the head with what a happy, loving family they are and just to live their
lives as a basketball player and -- um -- spokesmodel?  sports
correspondent?  If they have stopped seeking publicity for their family, I
have no problem respecting their privacy as a family.  Of course, I will
continue to lambaste Kidd for the way he wipes his ass and blows a kiss
before every free throw, and for being a California Golden Bear (probably
where he learned that move), and I actively encourage other fans to do the
same.

And to avoid any ambiguity, while I believe Ryan's specific criticism of
Joumana Kidd's last-season behavior is belated, I believe that his "smack"
remark -- which he repeated after a clear invitation to retract -- was
insensitive and inappropriate in any context.

I just hope Rodney Rogers was wrong when he said that Kidd would use this
as further motivation to beat the Celtics -- (a) because as a professional
athlete in the playoffs Kidd shouldn't need further motivation and (b)
because Ryan isn't wearing a green jersey.

Michael Gooen