Bob Ryan

I would have reported this earlier but I thought everyone already knew. Bob
Ryan was on Bob Lobel's show Sunday night and said that Kidd's wife is craving
attention to pursue her career etc. Paraphrasing he said that he wanted to
slap her and that everyone else wants to also. Lobel tried, more than once, to
let him off the hook, saying you don't really mean that and you can't say
those things on tv, but he persisted. He said he knew wahat he was saying and
that he meant it. Bob finally changed the subject.

Well, now Jim Baker picked up the story today. Had he not, it probably would
have fizzled out. Byron Scott found out about it and has now called for Ryan's
resignation.

WBZ reported tonight, a few hrs ago, that the Globe has now suspended Ryan for
one month, without pay and issued his statement. He says it was a horrible
judgement on his part, etc.

It will now be interesting to see if this snowballs into a Jimmy the Greek
thing and if ESPN Sports Reporters bans him as well.

Peace
Thanks,

Steve
sb@maine.rr.com