Rick Rickert?

> The problem is, he's weak. Apparently he has bulked up. That's good. He
> needs it. He also needs to develop some post moves. He'd be a good pick in
> that range simply because big guys with those kinds of skills don't grow on
> trees. If you can develop him (a BIG if with the BDT), you might have a
> really good player. If you can't, you might have Matt Bullard.

I do see your point..
But if Wallace/Papile are still doing the picking.. I doubt it.
Rick Rickert is said to be both slow and weak. Adding him to a team that
suffers from those exact problems is hard to imagine. We need someone quick
and strong to grab rebounds cause Walker doesn't seem likely to do it at the
PF and Tony Battie is getting smacked around trying to do it.

That website nbadraft.net has a choosing Reece Gaines and <A HREF="http://www.nbadraft.net/profiles/zarkocabarkapa.htm";>Zarko Cabarkapa...
</A>From the scouting reports that seems a bit more likely. I notice a trend of
sportswriters/analysts usually imagining that we will pick some white college
standout..but Wallace/Papile are far more in love with athletic black players
or foreign finds. Not to say they wouldnt grab a white guy..but only if he
were considered "athletic"

Personally I would favor Nick Collison over Rick Rickert if available..
He is stonger, more athletic and a better rebounder. I don't see the Celts
suffering much from the "lack of post game". I see them getting outrebounded
by EVERY team in the NBA though. Its disgusting.

I think we should draft the most active athletic rebounder available with one
of our picks, and the best pointguard that could fit in the Celts system with
the other pick.
Pierce and Walker are going to get most of the shots anyway.

I love the draft though.
I can't wait to see who we pick.. You just can never tell who is gonna be
good.

Pete