O'Brien's to Win or Lose

That's what I think after seeing most of last night's game.  I thought Pierce and Walker and the refs made predictable mistakes, but the problem was what went on in the coach's head before and during the game.  We rode our best horse into the ground.  Pure and simple:  Paul had the ball on offense virtually every time; he worked his magic often enough to put us in position to win.  Others contributed what they often do, but would running an offense help this team?  Paul would still get his shots, he wouldn't be required to go one on one or one on two so many times, and Battie, etc. who can shoot, would get to contribute.  Funny how your defense picks up when you get to shoot the ball. I heard Ainge laud coach O'Brien about getting a lot out of these guys.  And I think coach is operating at his best:  the defense works, the guys are diving for loose balls, the chemistry is good.  Still, his promise to play Kedrick (or Willie Wonka for that matter) and give Paul a rest would have helped immensely come crunch time. Funny, I didn't worry too much about Antoine having a bad game in some respects.  The buck shouldn't stop there.  But I disagree with those who think the Nets can be had--by us.  They're thin, and very thin without Kidd pulling them together, but they have to be outcoached.  Our guys did well within the range of the game plan.  Cheers, Gene