Re: win

Well Kestas, youve completely missed the point of my original post.  I never questioned anyones loyalty and offered no litmus test for being a Celtic fan.  What I did say is that you and Egg, and the others, who cant find a good thing to say about the Celtics, cant have it all ways.  If the players and the talent scouts are as bad as you say, then Obie has to be the best NBA Basketball Coach ever.  If Obie is the worst basketball coach this side of Isaiah, then the players must be truly gifted and remarkable to overcome that handicap and make it to the Conference Semi-Finals.  Somebody has to get some credit!!!

I think it is you who refuse to consider any other conclusion than the Celtics suck, the organization sucks and the Coach sucks.  Im no Pollyanna, but Id rather be following the Celtics than any other franchise.  The only fans who really have more to look forward to than us are LA, Sacramento, San Antonio, and Dallas.

Here are a few positive thoughts about the Celtics you can chew on (and dispute). The Celtics were the only team other than Dallas to recognize the brilliance of Dirk Nowitzki.  We were lucky that Pierce slipped to us, but plan A was always Nowitzki .  We were the only other team bidding against Indiana for Jermaine ONeal.  I believe we offered out three first round draft picks, but were trumped by Indy offering Dale Davis after his all-star season.  (Imagine what our lineup would look like if we had managed to snag him.)  No doubt, Wallace whiffed on the Vin Baker deal, but at least he was swinging for the fences. If Vin came back like the player he was in Milwaukee, Wallace would be the unanimous choice for GM of the year.  He failed, and it certainly might cost Wallace his job.  If so, at least he went down swinging.  Id much rather have that than the Toronto GMs who would rather do nothing and keep their job.  As for Obie, I see a guy who realizes he can never beat the elite teams without a powerful Center.  So, instead of losing to those teams in the accepted fashion, he fashions a game plan that takes advantage of the skills he does have to give the Celtics a fighting chance.

Enough ranting.  I have to get my game face on for tonights conference semi-final.