Re: win

----- Original Message -----
From: <Eggcentric@AOL.com

> Nor do I feel it is unloyal for Celt fans to question our draft choices,
> trades, coaching, present team makeup, luxury tax constraints, and
> future.
>
> I might ask David W., Norine, and Art just what they feel the purpose
> of a Celt discussion board is if it is not to read varying viewpoints.
> I would think it quite boring if Mr. Bleedgreen #19 continuously
> wrote stuff like, ''Gee, our team is looking great. Go Celts.''  And
> Bleedgreens #38, #52, #87, and #122 routinely chimed in with,
> ''Ditto, Go Celts.''
>
> <It's getting to the point of making us think this list is a way of
> tearing down the Celtics, not being fans.> - Dorine
>
> Why are the two not compatible?  I love my gardens but if some of the
> flowers are not doing well...
>
> < Regardless of what happens in the Jersey series, I'll still bleed Celtic
> Green.> - David W.
>
> Nothing wrong with green, David.  But please try and understand the
> thinking of those who do not see birds of this era in nests of the past.
>
> Egg

Why can't there be a happy medium where opinions are respected regardless?
I have been called many names by individuals on this list because of my
loyalty to this team.  I see nobody defending my right to express my
support.  I see nobody asking Ray to stop with the foolish and vile
references to Toine and his sperm.  I see folks taking delight in the
failings of the front office.  I see folks hoping that we lose to improve
our draft position.  I see people who call themselves fans of this team,
hoping that they lose.

While apparently that is acceptable to many folks who are members of this
list, I would not welcome them to support any team I coach for a number of
reason, most notably, that the players are playing to win and that is their
job.

If any player on my team purposely tanks, as some of you have alleged the
Pacers did, they would not be invited back or depended upon for the future.
What possible good would they be to those who played through injuries and
stabbings and ankles, and family deaths?  All these things bring teammates
closer to gether.  But some of the fans here, and you know who you are,
exult in our negatives and go into hiding when the team plays well.

And those of us who have the temerity to stand by the team, even though we
have admitted their weaknesses, get ridiculed for it.  I am not personally
directing this
to you Eggy, but I am just stating my thoughts on this.  But it occurs every
year.

Cecil