Nets thoughts.

> Here's hoping Bimbo Coles still has something in the
> tank after sitting around the past 6 games. We're
> going to need more than Delk and Bremer to try to slow
> down Kidd. This is the time I miss a big, strong guard
> like Strickland.

I wouldn't count on Coles..

Actually Kidd is shooting guard size..so makes sense to match him up with
shooting guard types. I would consider putting Kedrick and McCarty on him in
a pinch, not Coles. Coles is too weak, too old and too slow. Pierce and
Walker do alot of ball handling anyway.. McCarty and Kedrick are passable in
that regard as well so it would work okay.

But both our point guards are two short to cover him, IMHO. Delk will do okay
with his long arms, and Bremer can physically push him out of the post. He is
very strong.

But both will be overmatched. Kidd like our stars will get tons of calls in
his favour.
He can just throw himself into the lane and get a call.

On the plus side our point guards can really make Kidd play for his "help"
defense. He very rarely actually covers his man. If Delk and Bremer can get
hot that could net us some victories. This is probably our best hope... You
can't stop Kidd, but it is possible to outscore him.

I do agree that Jefferson is a good defender for Pierce, but Paul can light
up anyone even the best defenders in the game like Kobe or Tracy. (They are
the best when the actually play defense). Jefferson is better the Artest
though because he jumps better and is much quicker laterally, IMHO. PP will
be fired up since Jefferson beat him out for the Olympic team.

I think its the Kenyon Martin match up that kills us. He really has Walker's
number. Though I suppose he should be pretty good as the #1 overall pick..
Lucious Harris also seems to play AMAZING against us..

Its going to be tough..but we could win. The Nets should be
overconfident...perhaps we can sneak out with game one, and end up mirroring
our last series victory.

Pete