not van gundy..

> How in the hell did this guy ever get to be an nba
> > > coach? This has got to be dealt with this summer. I'd love to see an
> > > old school guy like Van Gundy take over this team.

Jeff Van Gundy?!
Wow..I am glad your not a GM. He is precisely the kind of coach we don't
need.
I have lived in NYC for quite a few years now and have seen alot Van Gundy
Basketball.. I will pass.

In hoops..you can win, and you can win ugly. Van Gundy is a good coach in a
sense. He can get teams with little talent to win. But you pay a heavy
price...his "system". Van Gundy reminds me a great deal of OB. He is
precisely the kind of coach I don't really like.

Like OB he has system. It is: slow the game down as much as possible by
playing half-court basketball and playing "physical" defense. In practice
this turns the fun exciting game of Basketball into a high priced version of
watching paint dry. Its alot like the Celts now...

"Physical" defense basically consists of pushing and shoving the opposition
so much that the refs tend to give up. This thrown in the with the idiotic
NBA maxim of never give them a layup!  (Wow does the NBA need a rule change
with regards to this.) Standing around watching people shoot free throws
doesn't excite me. Even I can hit that shot. <g>

Winning isn't everything...You want your team to win AND entertain. I say
dump OB and bring in some ex-player. Move Walker and use his value along with
your picks for an active big man and a great point guard.

Then Celts fans will have something to look forward too..

Pete