odd things seen from the doghouse during Celtics games

Will someone please put a moratorium on sound effects during games?  At
some places, like Detroit, it was like a three-year-old got ahold of the
sound effects equipment.  Do we really need to hear chimes every time Ben
Wallace hits a shot?

On the subject of sounds, someone needs to take a couple of those long
balloon thingys people have been using to artificially increase the sound
level and hit their inventor in the head with them a few times.  About as
welcome as Morris dancers at a Stan Rogers concert (Cecil, at least, should
get that one...).

Just once, couldn't TNT broadcast a Celtics game without making us suffer
through Marv Alpo, Jeff Gumball, and Mike Frat Boy?  It would also be an
historic first if they confined their comments to the game actually being
played.  We don't really need any more commercials for the Knicks or Heat.

Thankfully, Foxwoods finally spent a few dollars to make a variation on the
ad they'd been running for the last five years.  Now, if only Accountemps
does the same before the film disintegrates.

It's actually easier to see the al Jazeera network on cable than NBAtv.com,
which tells you something about who's in charge of cable channels....

I'm so tired of the nationwide effort to crown the Lakers as NBA champs
before the playoffs start, that I'm hoping they don't even get in, or
better yet, get wiped in the first round by Minnesota.

The last few games have shown clearly that the C's need to stop trying to
front the big man under the basket, and just cover the passers better.

Note to Paul Pierce: defense is played with your hands above your
shoulders.  But nice work passing out of the tight defense from Cleveland
(and how many people thought we'd be saying THAT with a straight face?)

The other Celtics players need to keep making shots, or there won't be
anymore passes from Pierce or Walker.

Poor Obie.  Before the game, the team chants "defence", and lets Cleveland
score over 50%.  Good thing their offense was better than the Cavs.

I was wondering how the teams were going to get out of the Fleet Center
after the game and get to the airport in time to make the flight to
Cleveland.  Somehow, I don't see them making the run on the Green Line to
the Blue Line to Logan.  Maybe a chopper was sent to airlift them off the
roof.  :>))

woof,

Snoopy the Celtics Beagle