Re: Celtics just lucky?

< Put me in the camp that thinks the article stupid as well.
This is exactly why I hate statistics and don't even bother to read
them most of the time. > - Josh

Well Josh and Shizz and dajubo and dliles -  this column really
raised your hackles. Sure it is not about to be nominated for a Pulitzer,
but equally as sure is that it incorporates all those distasteful stats
that no Celt true-blue wishes to own up to.

< It would be more rewarding to think of a few statistics
that actually tell you something than ones that don't. > -Josh

These stats, like your prejudices, are but one man's slant. But who is
to say that these stats are actually misleading or stupid?

< They're a holdover from the bad old days before the internet and
league pass, when there was nothing better to do than parse box
scores every day. > - Josh

Perhaps some of us would have a better grasp of our team's current
condition if we did  "parse " our box scores a little more closely.
We are, after all, behind our opponents in FG%, RPG, APG, BPG, PPG, etc.
And yes, due to this it IS surprising that we have a better than
.500 record.

Egg