baker union backlash?

I remember reading that there might be some sort of backlash from the union against
the Cs for the whole Vin Baker suspension. Has anyone heard anything about that
lately? I am surprised that the union hasn't been talking off about this. Perhaps
parading Johnny Cochran out in front to claim this is all racial or something.

Or are they backing off after he fired his agent?

Sorry to take us back to Vin, but just wondering how all of this will work out. I don't
think that the team appears to have handled it well, although I do think he should
take a medical retirement or something. In good faith, he should just walk away from
the money like Mark McGwire did.