Re: [Celtics' Stuff Net game

At 11:40 AM 3/14/2003 -0500, Celtic4Hire@aol.com wrote:
Although it wasn't great display of talent, I was again encouraged that
Kedrick made himself an offensive threat during his minutes rather than just
passing the ball to someone else.
I think people who've pointed to confidence as a big factor in his play this season had a real point, and now that he's starting to get some and not getting injured again the minute he steps on a court he's starting to try to do a bit more. I REALLY REALLY wish they would set up an alley oop play or two for him and make a point to use them every game, for the sake of his confidence and for the team's sake in terms of easy points and showing an inside threat of a different sort.

 My impression to date is that he was just
taken too high in the draft. If he was taken with the 21 pick, we would be
saying how we think we got something here and a decent return on our pick.
Ya know, hadn't looked at it that way, but it's a good point.

However, at the 11 spot, it is just taking too long to get a real payoff and
payoff on the value. Also, the payoff will never be that great since we are
just talking a guard here. The lesson learned here is that lottery picks that
are raw but athletic need to be 6-9 and higher, IMO....
*shrug* However, don't know as I buy the generalization and I know I seem to harp on it, but the too long for payoff in his case includes almost a season and a half lost to injuries...

I thought that PP's driving is getting too predictable. He is holding the
ball too long and dribbling at the same pace which is giving every opponent
knowing exactly how to defense him and set up for the charge. I would rather
he penetrate and kick earlier and then set up for the pass back for a
jumper...
Another excellent point, with the problem made even worse by opponents knowing the odds are against his passing in the first place. Particularly in what he perceives as key points in the game. Part of the problem is that I think he makes his judgements based more upon his perception of relative skillset vs much real court vision or pure basketball IQ.

Interesting news that Baker fired his agent. I wish we had some news as to
the real story behind the scenes on this whole matter....
For sure. Me and thee.

Kim