Net game

<Making the playoffs will be a mean feat for the high-priced Knicks, but
should they make it they will not be satisfied with just that if you listen
to guard Latrell Sprewell. Sprewell believes that once in his Knicks have a
chance to get to the Conference Finals or perhaps even take out the East.

"I don't see a lot of those teams being that much better," Sprewell said. "I
look at Boston, teams like that. We can definitely beat them. Any team in the
East I feel we can beat." >

While I agree that the Cs look vulnerable, I find it amusing that Sprewell
picks us as an example after we have beaten his team the last 10 times in a
row....

Although it wasn't great display of talent, I was again encouraged that
Kedrick made himself an offensive threat during his minutes rather than just
passing the ball to someone else. My impression to date is that he was just
taken too high in the draft. If he was taken with the 21 pick, we would be
saying how we think we got something here and a decent return on our pick.
However, at the 11 spot, it is just taking too long to get a real payoff and
payoff on the value. Also, the payoff will never be that great since we are
just talking a guard here. The lesson learned here is that lottery picks that
are raw but athletic need to be 6-9 and higher, IMO....

I have to say I thought there was some payoff in bringing in Grant Long for
Twan after his temper tantrum. It seemed that Long was able to body and stop
Martin inside and keep him off the boards. If Obie had brought back Twan, I
would have liked to see him at the three spot and keep Long in there for this
game....

I thought that PP's driving is getting too predictable. He is holding the
ball too long and dribbling at the same pace which is giving every opponent
knowing exactly how to defense him and set up for the charge. I would rather
he penetrate and kick earlier and then set up for the pass back for a
jumper...

I don't know why Obie stuck with Delk so long in the first half and didn't
bring in Coles....

This is going to sound childish but I am just a fan. I just hate the Nets
right now. I hate Kidd, Jefferson and Martin. These guys just aren't that
good. They run at top speed and then jump into you forcing the refs to call a
foul. It was so ridiculous in the first half. Either the Nets got a dunk or a
free throw (with emphasis on the free throw). The Cs did totally get
outhustled and didn't help the matter. But man, I hate these Nets....Oh, I
forgot that I hate the coach too...

Interesting news that Baker fired his agent. I wish we had some news as to
the real story behind the scenes on this whole matter....

DJessen33