Re: Antoine

Well I tried to make it clear that I appreciate all the things Antoine does and that I think he is a very good player. I do not consider him a devil in green. But my main goal is for them to win championships and I just don't see it happening with Antoine on the team. I think it's better to trade him now while his value is high enough to get something good for him. But NO MORE moves should be made until Wallace and Papile are gone.

From: "Dorine Pratt" <norine@pshift.com>
To: "Celts" <celtics@igtc.com>
Subject: Antoine
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 13:20:25 -0500

Yes, there's no doubt the Celtics get the short end of the stick from the
refs. We've all known that the last few years. Yes, it would help if they
didn't complain about every single foul. It would be a big help if they didn't
do that. Yes, it might have something to do with Tommy. They can hear him,
they're very often right in front of him. I hadn't thought of that, but it's
quite possible. He's neither subtle or soft spoken about it. He's getting
quite a following for sounding like Johnny Most. He loves the team and loves
the game.
As for Antoine, he's the true leader of this team. Have you all forgotten
how he chastised the team during the playoffs last year for giving up? It
worked, didn't it? Why does he get no credit from any of you people for the
good things? I don't, for one minute, buy into this excuse that some of you
have that Obie coaches according to Antoine's wishes. He's the coach and I
don't believe he's weak. Pitino also believed in the three pointer. Would I
like to see them drive to the basket when the 3's aren't falling? Yes, I
would. Would I like to see a bit of change in the game plan? Again, yes.
But if you believe Antoine's the one deciding how the games are played you're
coming from left field. Antoine is in love with the game. He doesn't want to
sit, he wants to be out there. All players worth their salt want to be on the
floor, not on the bench. Does that make him the devil in green? No!
This is a very long post for me, but it comes from my heart. I've been
watching this team since 1955 and saw Russell, Tommy, Cousy, etc. during their
great years. Nobody loves this team more than I do, I can assure you of that.
I suffered through the bad years and roared with glee during the great ones.
I cried when Reggie Lewis died. If you're fans, stop blaming the wrong people
for what you see as wrong with the team.
So, flame away - I can take it. I just couldn't stand it any longer.

Dorine