I disagree. I think some refs do go in biased. And they make calls resulting from that bias. It's why Antoine is allowed to be banged and bumped and hit and you can't breathe on Duncan. One is perceived as friendly to the refs, the other is not.

For what it's worth, Antoine greatly improved on his treatment of the refs last year and the year before. He didn't complain or whine as much. But it got him nowhere. I think this year he has just had it. I don't blame him. He's tried it both ways now and still can't buy a call. He's at the point where he has said 'the heck with it'.

P.S. - Some may say I have green tinted glasses or something similar. But I am not just shooting off at the mouth here. I have spent a good deal of time over the last few months watching a lot of games. And there is most definately a different set of rules for guys the refs don't like. Artest deals with it to a certain point. Isaiah is not far off in what he is saying. If the refs get something in their head, they stick with it. They think IND is dirty right now, so they get a lot of close calls going against them. Rasheed will probably never get the benefit of the doubt again. Then you have guys like Jordan and Duncan and Kobe who can't be looked at awkwardly without having a foul called for them.

You think I'm wrong? Find me another example of a player getting a technical foul for looking at a ref a certain way. Find me another player who gets ejected for telling HIS OWN teammate that an opposing team is not going to make the playoffs. Then tell me with a straight face that the refs are not biased against Antoine.

From: steve knight <stevebknight@yahoo.com>
To: Shawn Niles <shizzjr@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 10:02:06 -0800 (PST)

individual refs will make or not make some calls based
on their relationship with that person. it's human
nature. but having called games myself, no ref goes
into a game thinking they're going to call an biased
game.

the best thing antoine can do is shut up and play.
having a bad relationship with the refs is
counterproductive. it's his choice. however, to say
there's a conspiracy is flat-out wrong. some refs hate
him because he whines, complains and shows them up.
can you blame them?

http://webhosting.yahoo.com