Re: Blount

At 01:03 AM 3/13/2003 -0500, you wrote:
Absolute agreement. Emphasis on hungrier as the key difference, since my biggest problem with him last season was that most of the time I saw him on the court he looked like he just couldn't be bothered to do anything. He has been quoted as saying he learned a bit from being in Denver about what a difference it can make to be where you win and where the fans care vs just getting more minutes and moneyr. You can see what a badly needed difference it's made for Battie too. Since Blount has been getting significant and genuinely useful minutes almost from the moment he arrived, taking strain off Battie's sore knees. Which shows in a much better rested, more fluid and energetic Battie too.
I think this Nugget "training camp" is a good thing. First Eric Williams, now Blount... They should send Kedrick to the Nuggets, get some decent scrub and a 2nd rounder back, then, when he's ready to rejoin the Celtics, trade the next "Camp Nugget" participant Sundov for him. Is Shammond ready to come back to the fold? :)
Kestas