Vecsey Has Nice Things To Say About Bimbo Coles

Not.....

March 7, 2003 -- Peter Vecsey - NY Post
HOOP DU JOUR

SUBJECT: They Don't Call Him Bimbo For Nothing.

Just in case the cranial crooning of one Vernell "Bimbo" Coles is
contagious, I suggest we quickly vacate the vicinity. Waived by the
Cavaliers Feb. 18, the rejected retread accused his former team of
sandbagging the season in order to increase its lottery percentage of
landing LeBron James.

When, in fact, it's exactly the opposite; if Cleveland really wanted to
go into the Sherman (Douglas) Tank, it would have kept Bimbo . . . and
played him . . . a ton . . . a tried and true method of becoming mired
in the muck.

This vindictive blather comes courtesy of a guy who somehow lasted in
the NBA from 1990 and is one of its all-time losers.

In Bimbo's first five seasons (Miami, through '94-95), the Heat went
172-238 (.419), earning him an exile notarized by Pat Riley during his
first extended tanning session in South Beach. In three full seasons in
Oakland ('96-'99), the Warriors recorded a randy 85-161 (.345). Then
came one season in Atlanta ('99-'00), where the Hawks were a studly
28-54. His two full seasons in Cleveland saw the Cavs achieve sequined
(59-104) status and were 11-46 before he was sent packin' by GM Jim
Paxson.

How do I say this indelicately and insensitively? Coles is an insult to
Bimbos worldwide.