Re: Remember the Simmons scoops--as they relate to Antoine

I must complement you on your speculation, MBerry. We will make a
GMwannabe/rumormonger out of you yet. This makes some sense all the way around. The
Wolves still haven't made the TB trade yet. The Knicks draft a short PF when they
have a glut of them already. However, the dropping of money (Walker, Williams)
just gets us down to the even 40 million dollar cap level (Sweetney, Banks and
Perkins added to Brown, Delk, Battie, PP and Baker). This won't let us sign
anything big but perhaps would entice the owners to use the full 4.5 mill
exception (maybe even this year). Could we get an additional no. 1 out of the deal
or maybe Vranes? I don't think Lampe would be any part of this because the
team would have to use exception money to pay for his overseas release....

I guess that is the rub. Walker for Sweetney (and the TB money dump) and the
ability to use the full 4.5 mill exception (hopefully this year but probably
next - may have luxury tax implications this year). Is it worth it? If they can
get one of the top 10 guys to come for the 4.5 mill exception, absolutely. If
we can't use the exception until next year, I have to think about it....

DJessen33