Remember the Simmons scoops--as they relate to Antoine

Bill Simmons said before the draft:

- Knicks offer 7, Ward, Thomas for Walker; Simmons says not enough

- In the draft, Celtics take Sweetney over Banks if available at 16.

- Ainge done a lot of work; knows what he's doing; Ainge was
down on Toine, not a big fan of Toine.

So, the deal that was offered before the draft was the ninth pick
(Sweetney), Ward (whose contract can be terminated) and Thomas for Antoine.
That's a heck of a lot better than Sprewell. It also sounds like the Celts
like Sweetney. Maybe that's what is being discussed-Sweetney and
Sprewell-and the third team takes on Sprewell. Could that third team be
Minnesota? In return for Brandon's retiring contract? So the Celts would get
Sweetney-a young PF replacement for Antoine-and Brandon's expiring contract.
Sounds good to me, although I'd like it even more if it could be expanded to
include Vin.

Anyway, this provides a little more context, if you believe anything Simmons
says. I do, because he's proven to have a source with the team in the past.

Mark