Ainge + Twan and the Knicks.

> ''I like him. I think that Kedrick has some definite skills and talents. I
> think he's great defensively. I think he has the ability to be a real force
> as a post-up player and the two positions - especially since we have
> great shooters in Pierce and Walker.''  - Ainge

This is a lie? He said the same thing when he was a commentator. <g>
K. Brown does have skills.. Good defender, decent feel for the game, some
pretty nice in close to the hoop moves, and he can take people off the dribble.
Unfortunately guy has NO outside shot. That's killing him right now, and could
drum him out of the league.

> Right, Danny. This goes along with your ''We succeeded with our Plan A,''
> and ''I won't pick up a telephone to...''

He said he wanted a point and post prescence..and thats what he got. He even
leaked that he wanted Banks. If anything I would hope that DA would be less
honest.

> And how about -
>
> '' Obie and I are on the same page'' (while Ainge keeps dissing and
> undermining Obie at every opportunity).

Yeah...thats a real diss resigning the guy. <g>

> Okay, so some of the above are merely the expected corporate lines.
> Still, I thought that maybe Ainge might prove to be a bit more true-blue
> honest than his predecessors.  No one expected him to give away all his
> secrets, especially concerning the draft, but geez, he didn't have to
> out-and-out lie when questioned on just about every subject.

That's a huge exaggeration..
If DA said something like I am looking to draft a foreign wing..and doesn't..
That doesn't mean he wasn't LOOKING to draft the guy. Hardly an out and out
lie.
Lighten up. It's basketball.

It's seems you FEEL he is dishonest..but have little to back it up.
If for example Scott Layden calls Ainge..that doesn't mean Ainge was actively
trying to trade the Toine.. No chance BTW we trade Walker for Kurt Thomas.
Haha. Sounds like a Knicks pipe dream to me.

Mediocre players playing for lousy teams can put up some decent numbers. Tony
Battie is TWICE the player Kurt Thomas is (when healthy). Camby is much
better too. Chris Andersen (sp?) (the denver white guy with mad hops) could easily
deliver Kurt Thomasish numbers for a much cheaper price than Twan, IMHO.

Kurt Thomas is a role player at best. The guy is less athletic then Walker (I
know hard to imagine that's possible) only good thing about him is that he
knows how limited he is and sticks with that. Also Kurt Thomas keeps himself in
shape.

Unlike Twan who thinks he is God's gift to hoops, and doesn't take good
enough care of his body... Even so if we trade Twan we need to get some talent to
boost us, a guy with a future. Not some old roleplayer.

And okay before someone says Twan is not fat.. I agree..
He is in GREAT shape for a layperson. But for an NBA star he could be better.
He needs to really watch his diet, IMHO. You can work out non-stop and play
tons of hoops but unless you eat a carefully controlled diet your body is going
to soften -at least for a guy with Twan's genetics. I know..I am the same
way. Some people just don't get "ripped" without careful dietary control.

Anyway a first round draft pick or a real talent..Bosh, Rasheed would be a
better deal. To fit with Danny Ainge's system you need a guy with more
athleticism. Nothing wrong with holding Twan for another year..puts you in ideal
position to either resign him cheaper or make a trade for a high draft pick or
legitimate prospect.

I predict...Banks will boost Twan's shooting into the .400+ range next year
and boost his value some.  Once again though..K. Brown is the x factor. If he
can boost his outisde shooting, K. Brown and Banks will propel our team to
fifty wins. Believe it.
If Battie is healthy he can absolutely fly too.. Twan can be the slow
"trailer" Heh.

If we have to stick with dregs like McCarty (who has been spectaculary
unproductive in his NBA career) and E. Williams (who is only a low post threat) we
are SOL. For the MCarty lovers..notice how his numbers are nearly identical to
the last year he got big minutes with Pitino. The guy has made no progress.

Maybe Brandon Hunter can help a bit..but he is more of PF.

Pete