Re: ESPN page 2: Walker 7th most overrated

< He never developed a mid range shot. > - DanF

Dan, that sure strikes at the heart of AW's inside/outside problems.
He ''could have been a contender'' at least on offense had he only worked
on developing a mid range shot.

It is strange to me how Obie has so oft repeated that Walker is one of
the most astute students of the game, when truth be that Walker could
never even begin to understand his own role in the Bball universe.

I don't know whether to feel sorry for AW, or to resent the impact that
his ''versatility'' has had on our team and on his three head coaches.
Josh - yes he has been the heart and soul of our team, but so has Saddam
to his loyal followers.  Sorry - couldn't resist the schlock comparison.

Speaking of Walker, he is still being rigorously shopped despite Danny's
''I will never pick up the phone'' routine.  While good old credible Danny
also claims he is ecstatic that DRAFT PLAN A came through (Banks and
Perkins), the fact is that he really settled for Plan C or D.

During the entire pre-draft period, it is no secret that Danny was
attempting as his first option to trade Walker along with our two
''promised'' (scout's honor) draft picks.  The Chicago deal was set to go
down but for Jay William's untimely accident, and the Celts have also
attempted in vain to obtain the apple of their draft eye, Chris Bosh.
I also understand that even as I write this we are in negotiations
with several teams, floating the names of Walker, Brown, and Williams.
Despite Ainge's hollow assurances to him, Walker must also realize
by now his days with us are numbered.

And so THE DIE HAS BEEN CAST. I will be quite surprised if AW is
wearing a Celt jersey come October.

Egg