Re: ESPN page 2: Walker 7th most overrated

Overrated...whatever. It still doesn't take away the fact that Walker is one of the premier players at his position. Walker played the way that he did because it was requested of him by the coaches. Some on this board apparently believe that Walker is some uncoachable idiot who does not know how to play the game, but I strongly feel that if directed to take less threes and play inside, Walker would comply.

-David
-------Original Message-------
From: "Nathan A." <nja13@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: 06/30/03 12:25 AM
To: Celtics@xxxxxxxx
Subject: ESPN page 2: Walker 7th most overrated

> ESPN's page 2 gives a list of the top 10 most overrated people in sports.
Our own Antoine is ranked 7th. BTW, Vince Carter was #1. Here's what they
had to say:

7. Antoine Walker
A friend's e-mail said, simply, "Check out that shooting percentage!" So
we
did. And, wow. He's the worst shooter in the NBA among players who
averaged
at least 8 points per game. Lowest field-goal percentage (.388).
Unfortunately, only five players in the league put the ball up more.
Walker
was also among the worst 3-point shooters, which begs the question of why
he attempted a whopping 582 3-pointers last season. And here's the topper:

Shaq shot better from the charity stripe than Walker.

Here's the whole list:
http://espn.go.com/page2/s/list/mostoverrated.html

Nathan A.