Danny, Danny - are all these fibs necessary?

''I like him. I think that Kedrick has some definite skills and talents. I
think he's great defensively. I think he has the ability to be a real force
as a post-up player and the two positions - especially since we have
great shooters in Pierce and Walker.''  - Ainge

Right, Danny. This goes along with your ''We succeeded with our Plan A,''
and ''I won't pick up a telephone to...''

And how about -

'' Obie and I are on the same page'' (while Ainge keeps dissing and
undermining Obie at every opportunity).

''I want a running, up tempo game'', but ''If Jimmy is in love with the
3-point line, I better find him some 3-point shooters.''

''The contracts are in the mail for ALL our asst. coaches'' (when Ainge
knew some would not be re-signed).

''We are looking to draft a foreign wing.''

''Baker's doing great'' (while Ainge continues to treat him like a leper,
hoping to eventually force Baker into some sort of buyout).

Okay, so some of the above are merely the expected corporate lines.
Still, I thought that maybe Ainge might prove to be a bit more true-blue
honest than his predecessors.  No one expected him to give away all his
secrets, especially concerning the draft, but geez, he didn't have to
out-and-out lie when questioned on just about every subject.

Smokescreen Danny is giving the Boston media, players, coaches, and
fans fits with his contradictory statements. Like what does he expect
ethical sports writers to do but to come off as fools by factually quoting
his changing statements du jour.  And more importantly, how long does
Danny think it will take for Celt fans to correctly assess his credibility
or lack thereof?  What good is reading his quotes if they are not to be
believed?

Let's hope if Ainge is unable to live up to the 11th Commandment
(Thou shalt not fib to Celtic nation), that he will at least be able to
make it up to all of us in secret and brave deeds of daring.

Eggy