Re: [Celtics' Stuff Ainge's assurance: Brown stays aboard by Steve Bulpett

This is just unbelievable to me. The President is the one who figures out
what Kedrick needs to work on instead of the coach. And the President is going to
work out with him in the future. I just don't see how this is going to work
out between Obie and Ainge. There is an obvious disagreement on style or Ainge
wouldn't have to do this. I believe that could be overcome if there was the
proper respect of authority of Ainge's position on Obie's part. But I haven't
seen it yet. KNOW YOUR ROLE....

DJessen33

<< ``I talked with Kedrick and we went out on the court and spent 15-20
minutes
 going through some stuff that I'd like to see him work on,'' Ainge said.
``He
 was leaving town, and hopefully he'll be back and I'll have a chance to work
 out a lot more with him.

 ``I like him. I think that Kedrick has some definite skills and talents. I
 think he's great defensively. I think he has the ability to be a real force
as a
 post-up player and the two positions - especially since we have great
 shooters in Pierce and Walker. With Antoine being able to stretch the
defense, you
 have the ability to go down and take advantage of positing up smaller
positions
 like 2-guard and small forward.''

 With his interest in Brown, Ainge is clearly taking a role in shaping the
 club and deciding how its parts will be used. But he made a point to
preserve Jim
 O'Brien's sovereignty.

 ``I'm anxious to work with Kedrick, but I don't want you to get the wrong
 impression,'' Ainge said. ``I mean, I feel like I have coaching experience,
but
 I'm not the coach of this team and I don't want to step on toes. But there's
 some things I can do.