McCarty...the anti walker?

> I'll be sorry if he leaves for oone simple reason:  he's the anti-Walker.
> He's not a tremendous talent, but he gets more production out of those
> skills he does have than almost anyone else.  He and Eric Williams are worth
> keeping, if only because they flat out run until they hear the gun.

McCarty does run the court and work hard - in the game. But what about
developing his game off the court? I would argue just the contrary..McCarty is
filled with god given gifts with regard to basketball. Making him out to be the
second coming of Rudy is just nonsense.

Walker worked for his skills and he deserves credit for that. No one is born
knowing how to be a good passer or with good low post moves.

McCarty is 6-10", long armed and can jump out of the gym. He also has touch
to hit outside shots. You would have to work hard to NOT make a basketball team
with his gifts. And that amazingly is just what he HAS done. Physically he is
rather like Chris Bosh..the fourth pick in the draft!

McCarty did almost nothing to improve his body or game over the last several
years. It's not clear that he lifted weights or played B-ball that much.
Walker on the other hand is legendary for playing TONS of pickup games.

Possesing great physical talent but limited skills is an indictiment against
someone's work ethic, not testament to it. Hakeem was in that boat and worked
so hard that by the end of his career he was known as a highly skilled big
man.

That being said what I like about McCarty is that he is a good guy. He works
hard on the court, and gives back to charity. That doesnt make him the anti
walker though. Walker works harder at his game and also is pretty charitable.

Pete