Re: Why still nothing on Hunter

Let me relate a true story from a comics convention a few years ago.  A
well-known artist had been booked to appear throughout the weekend.  His
flight from New York was delayed, and the airline didn't mention that the
flight was actually being cancelled.  However, many people got wise and
used their cell phones or portable computers to change to a later
flight.  He did not.  When they officially announced the cancellation, he
went to the counter and reserved a seat on a later flight that
evening.  After waiting a long time, he was told the flight was full, and
he'd have to wait until tomorrow.  By that time, there was no room on the
other airlines.  He booked a ticket at his own expense on another airline,
finally got out the next day, and arrived at the convention early that
afternoon.

So I can easily see how Hunter might have gotten stuck wherever he was.

(BTW, the artist never once grumbled or complained, going out of his way to
make the convention experience fun for everyone he encountered.  Easily the
classiest thing he's ever done.)

At 10:38 AM 6/28/03 -0400, Celtic4Hire@xxxxxxx wrote:

>I just want to note that I am getting suspicious about Hunter. I know he is
>just a late second rounder. But Ainge made a trade to get the opportunity to
>draft someone like Hunter. I can't believe that Hunter doesn't show up
>yesterday
>because he missed a flight. You may have to wait a few hours and be late but
>you could still get there. Can't make sense of it...
>
>DJessen33

Snoopy the Celtics Beagle