thoughts

1st cup of coffee thoughts:  I suppose Brandon Hunter guarded PFs and managed 35 blocks for the year; that's at least 3 a game.  Add the rebounds and he sounds quite defensive minded; plus, he scored 30 and more four times.  Those can't all be dunks.  He sounds like someone written off because of his height.  Since he won't be shy or retiring, we may have a real steal with him.  As someone already said, "who will be able to handle him in practice?"  He will always have to be paired with Battie or Blount, but that seems a given.  If he's the monster he seems, he could get 10-15 minutes consistently.

Second, this Perkins kid certainly has the right attitude.  And with his reach, he need not grow any more to be a center in the league.  If he makes the squad of twelve, that's three sort-of centers plus Bruno.  A little top heavy.

And Banks.  He may be a favorite by the time this gets around to the regular season.  And no one that I remember thought he was a good idea a month ago.  That's because we didn't know about him.  We still don't, but I feel a lot better primarily because of the defensive abilities he seems to have.

And so, if two of these guys work out, play a lot, and Kedrick also matures and contributes, what do we have to say of the Wallace/Papile scouting abilities?  Revisionism is essentially taking the same evidence and looking at it differently; sometimes it adds crucial new evidence to develop a contrary conclusion.  Usually, it makes its case, up to a point.  The classic case of revisionist history is the New Left view of the Cold War, which suggests that the U. S. had as much to do with the beginnings of the rift vs. the Soviets as they did.  But then there's that blockade of Berlin--how did we cause that?  And other items.  So, however much we might rehabilitate Wallace/Papile for their scouting acumen, there's always that Baker deal.  No even a quick rise on the backs of Banks, etc. will smooth out that wrinkle.

More coffee.  Cheers, Gene