just a comment on draft stuff

Remember, there was a time when the C's took the tenth pick and went with
Paul Pierce.  turns out to be pretty much the only positive draft the C's
had in that span of years. (PLEASE, let us not start an argument over
Pierce in general.  Compared to several other draft picks, at the very
least, he's fine.)

I'm willing to at least say this draft is good unless proven
otherwise.  I'm not especially keen on ANYONE drafted out of High
School--and I'm probably one of about five people on the planet who thinks
Le Bron James is WAY overhyped--but Ainge obviously has had enough of
"finesse" players and wants SOMEONE who will go inside and kick someone's
butt on the boards without wondering if there's any open space left at the
three point line.

I was personally annoyed that poor Luke Walton got stuck with THEM.  They
don't deserve a player that smart.  Like other people, I know he's not as
big or as strong as his dad, but I'll bet a box of cookies that he's
learned from Big Bill.  I admit, I was kind of hoping he'd end up in
Boston, even though he's not physically quite the player I think the team
needs.

One thing--if I had my way, the word "upside" would be banned from draft
evaluations except in sentences like "He wasn't listening to the coach, so
I hit him upside the head with a two by four."  Everybody had so much
flamin' upside they probably had no clue what or where "down" was.

Ok, now we can start complaining about camp.

Snoopy the Celtics Beagle