Banks..sounds like my kind of player.

Danny..a winner in my book..

Heh..I was kinda scared that the pundits would be right. That DA would draft
clones of himself..and slow white point guards, and generally pick the BWPA .
But instead he picked my kind of player..

Point guard is without a doubt my favorite postion. And I like guys who can
handle the rock, stop dribble penetration, drive and dish in the half court
game and push the break.
I like points like Tiny and Payton..

Banks is really a prototype guard if you like that style of play. He is short
enough so that he can stop dribble penetration. Most of the taller
points...like JKidd, Penny Hardaway, Magic etc just can't do that. Height really hurts
you with regard to lateral quickness for the most part.

He is also small enough to be a great ball handler.. while tall point guards
can handle well "for their size" for the most part none of them even approach
the level of ball-handling a guy like KA had. Guys with a great handle can
make the press a wasted tatic against their team. KA would obliterate the press
all by himself.

He is also said to be a great penetrator...again that's what I like. Some
people would rather have a great passer ala stock or JKidd..but I always favored
the GP/KA streetball style of penetration and dish. His small stature, and
long arms really should allow him to penetrate well and finish after the
penetration. Like I said before lenght matters..not just height.

Finally he supposedly likes to run the break..
This will allow guys like KB a chance to show off their game. Some will even
proclaim that KB will have a breakout year, when in fact he already had the
skill set to succeed in the right circumstances.

Throw in the fact that Banks is supposed to be a cocky SOB..and wow..
I predict that Banks will be my favorite player on the team. If he really
plays as good as he sounds we got a steal for our draft picks. The possible low
post presence of Kendrick
Perkins and the rebounding of Hunter should just be icing on the cake. Like I
said about K. Brown even if the picks don't work out I will be happy..because
DA at least took a shot at my kind of player. Sweet...

Also bad news for Papile haters..I get the feeling that Danny likes the guy.
I do forsee possible Walker/Banks clashes though if Banks does pan out and get
PT.
Now if he can just find a way to get rid of Walter and Sundov..<g> I hate
those tall athletic guys who just mill about the three point line..bleh. What a
waste of talent.

Nice job, Danny!

Pete