re Garnett

Ravi --

very good points and well-argued.  But I've seen Garnett
plenty and I don't believe his problem is that he lacks talent
on that squad.  If he were all that, the Wolves would be better
I think...he's a deluxe model complimentary player, and
doesn't have the moxie to be the man.  Steve Francis does,
which is why I included him on my list of can-do players.
I've heard all the excuses from Garnett's admirers, but I've
watched him play too much to believe them.  I may be wrong.
As for wins, east vs. west, and etc., talent and hard work will
bring you pretty far, and rack up a certain number of regular
season wins.  But I judge players by how they perform in
big games, particularly in the 4th quarter.  Garnett did play
well in that one game against the Lakers, but predictably
faded in the final going.  Color me unsurprised.

Josh