RE: More Info

Didn't Ainge warn us not to expect him to tell us who he was going to draft when he took the job?  If so, you'd never know it from the deluge of posts lately to the contrary.

Cecil

-----Original Message-----
From: John Lyell [mailto:jlyell@netzero.net]
Sent: June 16, 2003 1:46 PM
To: Celtic4Hire@AOL.com; wayray@ix.netcom.com; celtics@igtc.com;
Celticsstuffgroup@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: More Info

I really don't like the idea of us guaranteeing players selection at a
certain positions and then it somehow being announced. What other team
stupid enough to do this? We also have seen pretty much zero impact from the
last one we did this on.

If we take Banks at 16 he better be closer to Baron Davis than Sherman
Douglas especially if we lose out on Pavlovic,Hayes, Lampe,Gaines. I am
still for going after a proven point like Cassell and then adding some 2/3
scorers or inside help like Sofoklis, West, Sweetney, Badiane etc. We still
have yet to address Kenyon Martin's domination of us for which Antoine
Walker is not the answer.

Hopefully we are smoke screening to take Troy Bell who is a better scorer
and lightning quick with a mean cross-over.