Collison, etc.

I'm really of two minds about Collison--and when you stretch half a brain into two minds, it gets dangerously close to the Mendosa, or mendacity, line.  Anyway, I think he's above Michael Bradley, but how much?  He was a POY type performer, but so was Joseph Forte.  Another inch taller, a better jumper, superior shot-blocking skills--any of those would push him into a #5 to #10 choice, easily.  And yet, he may be a solid #5 or #6 performer for any NBA team.  We certainly could use a smart, committed rebounder who finishes well inside.  And I can't see him being a bust.  I rather think he would be like Battie for us and that ain't bad.  Besides, we need good big men.  So, if he slips to #16, I would be happy to get him and, at the same time, wistful about missing a Pavlovic or Shortstuff or Painicic.

The Speedy Claxton possibility encourages me.  I think he's proven quite a bit in the last week.  And if he were a real option, we could draft for shooter and rebounder and let the points fall where they may.  Enjoying the near-inside and the real inside information these days.  I don't fear Wallace's input that much.  He can judge talent; if Ainge is pulling the trigger, we should be ok.  Cheers, Gene