Also interesting

The C's Web site has a feature called "Possible Picks"
that profiles the strengths and weaknesses of 10
players "who could still be on the board when the
Celtics pick."

The players: Gaines, Collison, Schnortziopoulos, Diaw,
Ridnour, Barbosa, Pavlovic, James Lang (!), Jarvis
Hayes and Marcus Moore, who I believe has already
withdrawn.

Notably absent, of course, is Banks, along with Travis
Hansen, Brian Cook, David West, Planicic, Bell and
Badiane.

I don't know when that list was put up or whether it
will be updated to reflect players the team has worked
out. My gut tells me that they may be trying to
camouflage their interest in some of the players they
left off and that they may be throwing most, if not
all, of those names out there as red herrings. Do
people agree? Does the fact that Gaines and Collison
are on the list mean there's no way the Celtics will
draft them, if available?

Here's the link: http://www.nba.com/celtics/roster/Draft2003_PossiblePicks.html