Re: [Celtics' Stuff Continued trade down thinking

Steve,
Your are correct that getting only a 32 is a pretty high price to drop 8
spots. However, by the same token, I can't imagine the Lakers doing anything to
move up from 24 to 20. However, if they did, that would be a sweet draft for us
if we could get Pavlovic at the 16, Banks at the 24 and Hanson at the 32. We
would have added two players who would start for us at the 1 and 2 in Pavlovic
and Banks and then an ironman who could be the utlitity/intensity guy. You
sign a Kenny Anderson (who will start initially) and we would have made a huge
improvement over last year in getting players who can play right now and fill
needs. You get players who can play uptempo and half-court like Danny said he
wanted. You don't get your rebounder but with Walker at the 4 and no centers
available, we will have to wait until next year. You also could easily get rid of
EWill....

Starters
1-Kenny
2-Pavlovic
3-Pierce
4-Walker
5-Battie

Backup
1-Banks
2-Hanson/EWill
3-Kedrick/Walter
4-Walter/Baker
5-Baker/Blount

DJessen33

<< DJ,

 You could be right on the money with that call. However, dropping down 8
 slots from #16 to #24 only to get back #32 is too steep a price. The C's
ought to
 keep #16 and make the Lakers cough up #32 to move up 4 slots from their
 current #24 to the #20 overall.

 I say the C's should keep #16 and take BPA at that slot; especially if the
 Euros keep rising that means someone will surely fall into their laps.
Hayes?
 Pavelovic? Schortsianitis?

 Could Ainge have a player targeted that he feels will still be available at
 #24 (Bell, Banks, Moore, Mo Williams, Chris Thomas?) just as easily as at
 and with the #32 from the Lakers he takes a flyer on Jerome Beasley who also
 had an impressive workout?

 CeltsSteve  >>