What We Learned Today

- I Like Ainge's thought process of looking for shooters or
scorers rather than just athletes (shot against Wallace/Papile and
Kedrick Brown), which is why a trade for a big shooter
like Maciej Lampe makes a great deal of sense. Especially
with him drifting to late lottery.

- That must have been one WOW City workout by Pavlovic to sway
Ainge away from "Mr Combine" and his personal favorite Travis Hansen.

- Ainge realy loves those Mountain Dew players from Travis Hansen
to Britton Johnsen to Marcus Banks.

- i don't want to see the Nets taking Victor Kryapa. I'd select him
over Bell and Banks.

- I can't get too excited about the Poor Man's Baron Davis or Troy
Bell. Wouldn't draft either one at 20, and not sure with all the
frontline point guards gone, I'd draft a PG at all. A trade down
is warranted, if the C's are planning to take either one.

- Celtics not one of the more active teams in
trying to move up. Probably because they
lack a quality veteran who can be packaged with the picks.
There's little interest in Walker, because of his contract,
Eric Williams has some trade value from a cap perspective,
but that's it.  Battie is hurt, Kedrick Brown is anonymous,
and Delk has a long term deal.  Still, you'd think some club
in the 10 - 13 range might have some interest, like Golden State
or Washington, who could pick up a PG and PF with the C's picks.

- Not a lot of interest in Walker, because of the contract. Then
toss in the undisciplined shooting and tweener positon, and voila,
it's wait until the last year of his contract to trade
him.

- This could be Walker's last year with the Celtics. Has a player's
option after the season.  Will really have to change around his game
to find someone willing to pay him the Max.

Ray