Re: Walker's game to get seasoning in summer

--- You wrote:
Kestas -  I am wondering if you feel a cock has great influence over his
own dunghill?  Therefore, I await your astute analysis of Dr. Do Little,
fils,
(trainer Tim Grover) with specific reference to his past/future success
with ace pupil, leaping lizard Toine.

Do you feel that Dr. Grover been infected with the contagious Dr. Brain
disease, and if so, do you feel that Walker instead should be consulting
with Dr. Phil?
--- end of quote ---

Actually, pretty much everything Grover says in this piece makes sense. The
fact that he has to say it and attempt to make these changes reveals just how
bad Toine's regimen is. Junk food, ill-timed meals, no weight lifting, late
night parties combined with early-morning golf - is it any wonder he's dragging
and experiencing a major statistical slide?
The thing about Grover is, he says the right things (at least the little that
I've read) and seems to know what his clients need to do. So he's a legit
personal trainer  in that sense (unlike so many who have no clue despite having
some certification). But if he can't make Toine do those things - and not just
in the summer, but year-round -  it's all for naught. It's sounds to me like
Toine needs Dr. Ruth more than anything. Or perhaps dangling the contract
extension will do the trick this summer. But how long will his committment
last, once he's got it?

We've been watching the same thing for seven years. Pitino tried to do this,
get everyone in shape - even got Chris Freaking Walrus to lose 53 pounds. But
not Toine, at least not for long. IMO, Toine needs a life-changing event, like
getting traded, experiencing a major injury, whatever, to "grow up" and start
taking care of his body. Any competent PT can tell him what he needs to do: 6-7
balanced meals daily, up the protein to 1-1.5 g/lb, healthy fats only, morning
and post-workout (quality) carbs only, weightlifting work at least 4-5 times
per week concentrating on speed-strength and endurance, "cardio" concentrating
on the appropriate energy systems for basketball (i.e., sprints and the like),
at least 8 hours of sleep every night. But if Michael Friggin Jordan can to
through to him (by his own example, too!), can we expect that a mere personal
trainer, even a "trainer to the stars", will?  Some people are selft-motivated.
Toine is not one of those people, so, without a major psychological shakeup, it
will be more of the same.

Kestas
Btw, I was again pointedly reminded of the importance of superb conditioning
this weekend, having played 5 games in 2 days in a tournament this weekend,
including a 2 OT third-place game.