Re: sporting news dish

jozersky1@nyc.rr.com writes:

> Wallace has to take the rap for the 2001 draft, but the Baker disaster is
> Obie's fault.  Any other coach, and Vin Baker is an overpriced but productive
> reserve, I believe.
>
> Josh

The "blame game" that is played on this list is unbelievable. It's O'Brien's
fault that Baker is an alcoholic, albeit a recovering alcoholic??? Or are you
suggesting O'Brien drove Baker to lose any sobriety he might have had after he
arrived in Boston last summer and in that context it is O'Brien's fault?

Many argued on this list after the trade went down that it was a bad trade
from a contractual and salary cap perspective. That's fine. But I've said it
before and I'll continue to say it that not one person on this list or in the
media said it was a bad trade because Vin was an alcoholic. Well, now the
skeletons are out of the closet and we all know the reason for Vin's dismal play over
the past few years. Vin has to be accountable for his failure and nobody
else; not Wallace, not O'Brien.

Others may want to crucify Vin and/or stone Wallace or in your case, stone
O'Brien. I'm just praying for Vin to get well and then we'll see where it goes
from there. He's under contract for the next three years. What else can we do?

CeltsSteve