early thoughts

Could the Globe be more irrelevant this time of year?  It's hardly worth checking every day.  Plus, has this draft stretched to having just about 20 players worth considering?  With Pavel, Badiane, Pavlovic showing well; it's all good for the guys in green.

Now, if LeBron is the next Michael, if Milicic the next ?--McHale, if Anthony is the next Bird, and Pavel the next Shaq???  Whom do you select?  Or, if LeBron is merely McGready, Milicic only a Divac, Anthony just a James Worthy and Pavel only Yao----whom, then?  Do you allow years of watching these young players bind you to the local heroes, or blind you to the next big thing from afar?  Seen only once?   If Pavel is what they're saying, I say he goes #2.  But the Pistons have virtually declared for Milicic.  And, do you give up the next Larry Bird?  (that's my comparison, by the way).  Toronto could get the next great big man at #4.  Cheers, Gene