Trade down options

The only two present reasonable trade down options would be to get the Lakers
24 and 32 (2nd rd) or the Knicks two second rounders 30 and 39. It would seem
the Lakers would get our 16 and the Knicks would get our 20....

DJessen33

<< Choice options

 The Celtics have the 16th and 20th overall picks in hand as they survey
 things at the NBA's pre-draft camp here, but there is a real question
 whether they'll be making those choices on June 26. And if they do,
 it's likely one of the picks will be a not-ready type who will play
 overseas for a year or two.

 The bottom line is that unless the Celts can draft two players who can
 contribute this coming season (a longshot at best), they'd rather not
 be forced into a pair of three-year contractual commitments - even if
 the 20th choice is for relatively short money.

 ``We can make both picks, but will we?'' said Ainge. ``It all depends
 on who we draft. We can draft two and keep them if we think they can
 help us. But there are so many possibilities. We need players. We need
 to increase our talent pool.

 ``We have opportunities to move down as well as move up. We could move
 down and get an extra pick. We could trade the 16th pick, use the 20th
 and get two more picks later. That could keep us out of getting two
 guaranteed (contracts). We could also use one pick and a player or both
 picks to move up. There's a whole bunch of possibilities. That's why
 you have to be aware of the top 50 guys in the draft - just to know
 what your options are.'' . . . >>