Re: Candid Ainge Blasts Pierce and Walker

At 12:40 PM 6/2/2003 -0400, Tammo29@AOL.com wrote:
>"Ainge on Kansas City radio station 810 - WHB (you'd never
>say anything bad about Boston Sports Radio, if you heard these yahoos,
>>then it's Kansas, so what do you expect)

Bill Maas and Tim Grunhard are ex-Chief players.
I don't usually listen to them because of Maas' regular harangue on women
in general (it seems the only women he has any time for is strippers. Could be
why he's had so many failed marriages), and especially woman in sports.
But I always listen long enough to find out who their line-up of guests
will be.
Maas, because of his affiliation with Fox Sports, gets some pretty good
guests.
Sounds like my frustration with Ted Sarandis locally, who is a first class jerk in many ways, so I hate listening to him, but unfortunately gets some of the best guests...

 >>So a good candid, why doesn't he say these things in Boston interview by
>>Ainge.

  As I've said before, Ainge was always very honest in his interviews in KC
about how much he hated watching the Celtics play.
I listen to 1510 on the web every once in a while ( I used to listen to WEEI
until they stopped their live feed), and I've never heard Ainge be quite so
honest with Boston stations or newspapers.
Well, yeah, but people have got to be kidding if they expect him to me more candid than sincere in what he does say here. He knows the Boston press and fans very well and is fairly smart. He knows the difference in saying something here as Cs VP of basketball ops vs a national broadcaster, for a start. And that includes the effect on the team of seeming to go out of his way to publicly embarass them in their own house (yes, I know you may think they deserve it but I'd prefer that he simply act to make them not deserve it and will cut him some slack on the issue until it's more clear whether that will happen). He knows what will happen in the Boston press if he does, including but hardly limited to the inevitable carping about how he said it to whom and why. He's also smart enough to know that word of what he says in KC WILL make it back here without at least those favoritism sorts of issues along with what saying it in Boston would mean about having to make himself more available to all of the Boston media right now to discuss it to play fair, etc. etc. Sorry, but I'll live with his being sincere with what he does say, which is more credit than I give to most public pronouncements.

As for Ray's header......not exactly.  But I'm sure most people on this list
are on to him by now.
And would be worried if he didn't spin it that way...

Thanks for the interview notes. Mind if I forward them to the yahoo list?
Kim